Need an easy grab and go breakfast when the morning rush got you like whoa? I got you covered with these make ahead low carb high protein zucchini fritters.
These make-ahead zuke fritters are not only great straight out of the pan they are also pretty delicious cold from the fridge the next day. (And the day after that too!)
You can eat them as they are (may I reccomend a sprinkle of salt and dash of hot sauce?) or as a bun for a sausage patty. I personally eat them alone, one handed. Usually while rushing to get my oldest to the bus stop on time.
They can make a nice lunch too. As an accompaniment to a BAS salad or bowl of soup.
My favorite part of them is their volume. One serving is eight fritters. Yes, EIGHT! They make me feel like I am eating much more than I am, helping to keep my full for hours. If 8 fritters seems like too much for you, no problem! Just have a half serving.
Alright, let’s get to it:
Low Carb, High protein Zucchini Fritters
- 2 Tb coconut flour
- 5 eggs
- 3 TB egg white
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 large zucchinis, grated (should be about 4 cups)
- After grating the zucchini, using a paper towel squeeze out the excess water. (The drier you can get it the better).
- Using a whisk (or fork) beat the eggs, whites, coconut flour, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper. (The coconut flour will want to clump, just keep whisking).
- Heat a large skillet over med high heat and spritz with cooking spray.
- Using a ¼ cup OR an ice cream scoop, scoop and put in hot pan. Light press them out, into a 4 in pancake. (my skillet can only hold 4 at a time, so plan to be batch cooking).
- Cook for 3-4 mins per side.
- When done, set on paper towel to cool. If storing, wait till fully cooled. Blot again with paper towel and store in fridge for 3-4 days.
Makes 16 4 inch fritters.
Nutrition for 8 (YES, that’s right I said EIGHT fritters): Calories: 260 Fat:14g Carbs: 12g Protein: 22g
Inspired by Zucchini Pancakes in Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo.