It happens to be back to school time around these parts, and I know (first-hand) how chaotic mornings can be. So real quick I wanted to share with you one of my meal preps that help me have a healthy breakfast even when we are running late and no one can find their shoes. (Seriously, what is it with the shoes?!)
All you need is a carton of egg whites, silicon muffin tray, spray oil and an oven. If you are a bulk store shopper (like at Costco or Sam’s) you can buy a case of egg whites and freeze them. Then each week I just take out what you need.
These egg white muffins will cook in 15 minutes and will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for 5 is days.
These little unassuming things are incredibly versatile. They are pretty bland, but that is part of what makes them so versatile. If you wanted you can easily add fresh veggies or meat and cheese to them.
I personally like to put one or two on an English muffin with a slice of Canadian bacon and eat while sitting in the school carpool lane. Sometimes I even enjoy them straight from the fridge with a generous sprinkle of salt.
You can also put them in a burrito, add to a sandwich, or smear them with avocado or hummus.
Each patty has only 17 calories with 4 grams of protein.
Easy Peasy Make Ahead Egg White Thingies
- 1 12 oz carton liquid egg whites
- Spray oil
- Silicon muffin tray or silica muffin liners (I don’t recommend
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray silicon muffin tray (or regular tray with silicon liners) with spray oil.
- Pour equal amounts egg whites into each tray.Cook for 15-18 minutes. They are done with the tops are fully set (I prefer mine to start to get a little crispy around the edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes. Once cool blot with paper towel and store in sealed container in t